Date: Sunday, October 20, 2019
Start Time: 7:30am
$60 – before Thursday, August 22nd
$70 – between Friday, August 23rd – Thursday, September 19th
$80 – between Friday, September 20th – Thursday, October 17th
$90 – Race Day* (Day of Registration is available. Cash Only. No T-shirts to race day entries)
*On-line entry ends Thursday, October 17th at 5:00 pm. After on-line entry closes, you may register IN PERSON at the Boathouse parking lot on Saturday, October 19th from 4:00-6:00 p.m or Sunday, October 20th from 6:30 – 7:15 am.
• Absolutely no parts of entry fees will be refunded, transferred or credited.
• It is prohibited to sell your race number or for someone to compete in your place.
Limited to first 300 competitors.
Sign up early! This race SOLD OUT last year!
RUN 2.2 mi
The run (2.2 mi.) starts on East Drive at 74th Street, goes north to a turnaround point at 96th Street (on East Drive) and back along the same route to the transition area. The turn point is indicated by a “U-Turn” sign affixed to the top of a large cone. Runners must stay to the left side of the runner’s lane (both out and back), as indicated by the “Runners Stay Left” signs affixed to cones along the run course.
BIKE 12 mi
The bike course (12 mi.) consists of two (6 mile) loops of Central Park in a counter-clockwise direction.
Bikers must stay in the middle and right lanes at ALL times and may not enter the runners (left) lane under ANY circumstances.
RUN 2.2 mi
The run (2.2 mi.) starts on East Drive at 74th Street, goes north to a turnaround point at 96th Street (on East Drive) and back along the same route to the transition area. The turn point is indicated by a “U-Turn” sign affixed to the top of a large cone. Runners must stay to the left side of the runner’s lane (both out and back), as indicated by the “Runners Stay Left” signs affixed to cones along the run course. Head to finish line.
Location-Central Park Boathouse
• Central Park is closed to all vehicular traffic on weekends. Parking can be found outside the Park on the East and West Sides. The closest Park entrance to the start of the race is at 72nd Street and 5th Avenue. (view map)
• Restrooms are located to the left of the main entrance to the Boathouse.
Approximately 3 days before the event you will receive an email notifying you of your race bib number. If you arrive at check in and do not know your number in advance, you may look it up on the alphabetical list posted near the registration tables. Please do not get in line for check-in if you do not know your race number and have photo ID.
Packet Pick-Up and Late Registration
Registration packet pick up begins on Saturday, October 19th from 4:00-6:00 p.m at the parking lot in front of the Central Park Boathouse (74th Street & East Drive). Only competitors may pick up their numbers in person with photo ID. You may not pick up a race packet for anyone else. New entries will be accepted! (Cash Only. No T-Shirt)
Packets will be available on Sunday, October 20th from 6:30 – 7:30 am at the Boathouse parking lot. New entries will be accepted! (MUST CALL 845-247-0271 to confirm availability. Cash Only. No T-shirts to race day entries.)
• Know your race/bib number and have your ID ready!
• Before getting on line to receive your race packet, place your bike on the bike rack that corresponds to your bib/race number.
• Proceed to the check-in line that corresponds to your race number. Please do not bring your bike to the check in line.
Schedule of Events
PRE-RACE DAY – Saturday, October 19th
4:00 – 6:00 pm. Early check-in. Avoid waiting on line next morning. Preview entire course.
RACE DAY- Sunday, October 20th.
6:30 – 7:15 am: Check-in. No numbers issued or race packets saved after 7:15!
7:20 am: Course orientation, final race instructions
7:30 am: Race Start (rain, snow or shine).
10:15 am: Course officially closes. Refreshments and awards presentation begins.
Race Numbers & Electronic Timing
• Check the label affixed to the timing tag (on the front of your bib number) for correct information regarding your name, age, sex and category. Notify officials prior to the race of any mistakes.
• You must wear the run number on your front, and be clearly visible to race officials at ALL times. Folding of race numbers is prohibited.
• If you enter the transition area or cross the finish line and your number is not clearly visible on your FRONT, you will receive a 2-minute penalty.
• The 2-sided vinyl (adhesive-backed) bike frame number must be attached to the front of the top tube of your bicycle and for security reasons and may not be removed until you leave the leave the transition area.
• You may not use any chip other than the one that is assigned to you. Wearing any other chip could lead to errors in overall timing and your disqualification.
• After you finish the event, you must remove the chip and drop it in the collection bin at the end of the finish line chute.
• If you lose your chip during the race or fail to turn it in after you cross the finish line, you will be charged $100 for the lost chip.
Results will be posted on www.NYTRI.org.
Refreshments are for competitors only. Please wear your race number when entering the buffet line.
• Awards will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall and in 5-year groups; 18-80+ (men), 18-70+ (women).
• Winners must be present at the post-race awards ceremony to receive their prize. No exceptions.
GENERAL RACE RULES
NYTRI has staged over 600 multi-sport events and is proud to claim the best safety record in the country. The following rules and regulations have been designed for your personal safety and enjoyment. Failure to comply with these rules will result in penalties and/or disqualification.
• Competitors must be familiar with the Competitive Rules of USA Triathlon and must conduct themselves accordingly.
• No entrants under 18 years of age.
• It is the contestant’s responsibility to be familiar with and follow the race course.
• Each contestant is individually responsible for maintenance and repair of their bike.
• Race management has authority to change race course and format, check-in and start times at any time.
In order to protect your bike and equipment, please make sure that only competitors are in the transition area. Family and friends should remain outside of the barriers at all times.
• Bicycles must be properly placed on assigned racks corresponding to race number.
• NO riding in the transition area or past the “DISMOUNT” signs.
• Bikes and equipment may only be removed from the transition area by competitors. BOTH the run number and bike number must be shown to security personnel.
• Due to heightened security, all bags/backpacks are subject to be inspected by security personnel upon entering the transition area.
•No recumbent bikes allowed.
• Riding without a hard-shell helmet will result in immediate disqualification.
• Penalties will be assessed for unsecured helmet chin straps leaving or entering the transition area.
• Helmets must be ANSI, SNELL or USCF approved.
Cyclists must stay out of recreation/joggers lane at ALL times. A four minute penalty will be assessed if you enter the restricted
joggers lane during any part of the course. This is a safety measure and will be strictly enforced. Police will issue tickets to offenders.
Riding in a pack and drafting is a serious violation. A distance of three bike lengths from the bike in front of you must always be maintained. You may not be closer than this distance for any period exceeding 15 seconds. If you are, you will be assessed a two minute penalty for each infraction.
If another competitor is drafting you, yell to him to stop drafting. If you wish to file an official complaint regarding drafters, you must record their race number. A competitor who has three drafting reports filed by other competitors will automatically receive a two minute penalty.
Central Park Alert
The course is only closed to cars (except for official vehicles) but NOT to pedestrians, joggers, cyclists, skaters, etc. While biking, competitors must be aware and considerate of non-competitors who will also be sharing the Park roads with competitors. You do not have right of way or priority over other users of Central Park because you are competing in this event.
• Contestants must follow instructions of race officials and public authorities and must obey all traffic laws.
• Contestants must ride in designated lanes at all times.
• Bikes are not allowed inside the Boathouse and must be left in the transition area.
Race Violations & Penalties
Each of the following actions will result in a 2 minute penalty:
• Riding in/out of transition area.
• Entering/exiting transition area under, over, or between barriers.
• Bicycle not on assigned bike rack or racked incorrectly.
• Race # not visible at ALL times while competing or in transition area.
• Unsecured helmet chin strap leaving or entering transition area.
• Drafting or “pack riding” violation.
• Accepting outside assistance or being paced by non-competitor.
Each of the following actions will result in a immediate disqualification:
• Unsportsmanlike conduct/verbal abuse of a volunteer or race official. (determined by race officials)
• Failure to cover complete race course.
• Cycling in jogging/recreation lane (extreme left lane – marked off with double white line).
• Riding without an approved biking helmet.
• Wearing headphones during any portion of race.