Date: Sunday, July 25, 2021
Note: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, race schedule is subject to change.
*Race Location: The Central Park Triathlon will no longer take place in Central Park and will be an open water swim. New race location to come.
Start Time: 6:00am
$110 – before March 31st
$120 – between April 1st and May 31st
$140 – between June 1st and July 22nd
On-line entry ends, July 22nd at 5:00 pm.
THERE WILL BE ‘NO’ RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
• There will be no refunds if government closings occur.
• Absolutely no parts of entry fees will be refunded, transferred or credited.
• It is prohibited to sell your race number or for someone to compete in your place.
• Race insurance is available.
• Limited to first 300 competitors. Sign up early! This race fills up each year!
• Transition Time & Day of Registration will be evaluated as per COVID guidelines.
SWIM 1/4 mi
The Serpentine Swim Start will be spaced 15 seconds apart for social distancing purposes. Swimmers will then enter the water individually as they are called forward one-at-a-time. Do not enter the water until you are instructed to do so by the Race Official.
SWIM MAP TO COME
BIKE 10 mi
The bike course begins on the boardwalk and make a right and head west for one complete loop. While biking, no drafting – keep 3 bike lengths apart
BIKE MAP TO COME
RUN 3 mi
For the 3 mile run, head west to B67th, turn around and return to your car to finish.
RUN MAP TO COME
Approximately 3 days before the event you will receive an email notifying you of your race bib number. If you arrive at check-in and do not know your number in advance, you may look it up on the alphabetical list posted near the registration tables. Please do not get in line for check-in if you do not know your race number and have photo ID.
Packet Pick-Up and Late Registration
Only competitors may pick up their numbers in person with photo ID. You may not pick up a race packet for anyone else.
Packets will be available on Sunday, July 25th from 6:30 – 7:15 am.
• Know your race/bib number and have your ID ready!
• Before getting online to receive your race packet, place your bike on the bike rack that corresponds to your bib/race number.
• Proceed to the check-in line that corresponds to your race number. Please do not bring your bike to the check-in line.
Schedule of Events
RACE DAY- Sunday, July 25th.
6:30 – 7:15 am: Check-in. No numbers issued or race packets saved after 7:15!
7:20 am: Course orientation, final race instructions
7:30 am: Race Start (rain, snow or shine).
10:15 am: Course officially closes.
Race Numbers & Electronic Timing
• Check the label affixed to the timing tag (on the front of your bib number) for correct information regarding your name, age, sex and category. Notify officials prior to the race of any mistakes.
• You must wear the run number on your front, and be clearly visible to race officials at ALL times. Folding of race numbers is prohibited.
• If you enter the transition area or cross the finish line and your number is not clearly visible on your FRONT, you will receive a 2-minute penalty.
• The 2-sided vinyl (adhesive-backed) bike frame number must be attached to the front of the top tube of your bicycle and for security reasons and may not be removed until you leave the leave the transition area.
• You may not use any chip other than the one that is assigned to you. Wearing any other chip could lead to errors in overall timing and your disqualification.
• After you finish the event, you must remove the chip and drop it in the collection bin at the end of the finish line chute.
• If you lose your chip during the race or fail to turn it in after you cross the finish line, you will be charged $100 for the lost chip.
POST RACE DAY
Results will be posted on www.NYTRI.org.
• Awards will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall and in 5-year groups; 18-80+ (men), 18-70+ (women).
• Awards will be mailed to the winners.
GENERAL RACE RULES
NYTRI has staged over 600 multi-sport events and is proud to claim the best safety record in the country. The following rules and regulations have been designed for your personal safety and enjoyment. Failure to comply with these rules will result in penalties and/or disqualification.
• Competitors must be familiar with the Competitive Rules of USA Triathlon and must conduct themselves accordingly.
• No entrants under 18 years of age.
• It is the contestants responsibility to be familiar with and follow the race course.
• Each contestant is individually responsible for maintenance and repair of their bike.
• Race management has authority to change race course and format, check-in and start times at any time.
In order to protect your bike and equipment, please make sure that only competitors are in the transition area. Family and friends should remain on the Boardwalk.
• Bicycles must be properly placed along your car
• NO riding in the transition area or past the “DISMOUNT” signs.
• Bikes and equipment may only be removed from the transition area by competitors. BOTH the run number and bike number must be shown to security personnel.
• Due to heightened security, all bags/backpacks are subject to be inspected by security personnel upon entering the transition area.
• Transition times will be addressed according to Parks requirements race day.
The type of swim you will be doing is referred to as a “serpentine” swim with a “time trial” start.
• Wetsuits are required.
• Maximum time allowed for 1/4 mile swim is 15 minutes!
• Final swim instructions will be given during the pre-race briefing – please pay attention.
•No recumbent bikes allowed.
• Riding without a hard-shell helmet will result in immediate disqualification.
• Penalties will be assessed for unsecured helmet chin straps leaving or entering the transition area.
• Helmets must be ANSI, SNELL or USCF approved.
• Cyclists must stay out of recreation/joggers lane at ALL times. A four minute penalty will be assessed if you enter the restricted joggers lane during any part of the course. This is a safety measure and will be strictly enforced. Police will issue tickets to offenders.
Riding in a pack and drafting is a serious violation. A distance of three bike lengths from the bike in front of you must always be maintained. You may not be closer than this distance for any period exceeding 15 seconds. If you are, you will be assessed a two-minute penalty for each infraction.
If another competitor is drafting you, yell at him to stop drafting. If you wish to file an official complaint regarding drafters, you must record their race number. A competitor who has three drafting reports filed by other competitors will automatically receive a two-minute penalty.
Race Violations & Penalties
Each of the following actions will result in a 2-minute penalty:
• Riding in/out of transition area.
• Entering/exiting transition area under, over, or between barriers.
• Race # not visible at ALL times while competing or in the transition area.
• Unsecured helmet chin strap leaving or entering the transition area.
• Drafting or “pack riding” violation.
• Accepting outside assistance or being paced by non-competitor.
Each of the following actions will result in an immediate disqualification:
• Unsportsmanlike conduct/verbal abuse of a volunteer or race official. (determined by race officials)
• Failure to cover complete race course.
• Cycling in jogging/recreation lane (extreme left lane – marked off with double white line).
• Riding without an approved biking helmet.
• Wearing headphones during any portion of the race.