Date: Sunday, May 23, 2021
*Note: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, race schedule is subject to change.
Course Location: Floyd Bennett Field
Start Time: Course Review For Training time trials start at 6:00 am and finish 9:30 am.
$40 – On-line registration fee.
*On-line entry ends May 20th at 5:00 pm.
THERE WILL BE ‘NO’ ON SITE REGISTRATION!
• Absolutely no parts of entry fees will be refunded, transferred or credited.
• It is prohibited to sell your race number or for someone to compete in your place.
BIKE 10.5 mi
The bike course begins at the Seaplane Kayak Launch parking lot. You will make a left out of the parking lot, then a right onto Old 6-24 Runway, make a right to Runway 15 (past the Ryan Visitor Center), make a right at the last runway, turn right towards the Floyd Bennett Field RC Plane Club, bike south to the middle of the runway, u-turn and bike back up to RC Plane Club, turn right and then another right until you are back at the parking lot. You will then complete the loop 2 more times. While biking, no drafting – keep 3 bike lengths apart.
Location- Floyd Bennett Field, NY
Belt Parkway to Exit 11S (Flatbush Avenue). Follow Flatbush Avenue south to the fourth traffic light (and last light before the Marine Parkway Bridge toll plaza). Turn left at the light, into the park.
Since the start of the race is serpentine, racers coming from Manhattan can take the #2 train to Flatbush/Nostrand Ave in Brooklyn. Transfer to the Q35 from the subway stop. Take the Q35 to the Floyd Bennett Field entrance.
Parking/Transition is located on Floyd Bennett Field Seaplane Kayak Launch.
Race Packet pick up is on the day of course review at Floyd Bennett Field.
Approximately 3 days before the event before the event, you will receive an email notifying you of your race bib number. You must write your Bib # on a piece of paper and Tape it on your windshield. If you arrive at check in and do not know your number in advance, you may look it up on the alphabetical list posted at B32. Please do not get in line for check-in if you do not know your race number and have photo ID.
Packet Pick-Up and Day of Registration
Will occur the day of course review at Floyd Bennett Park. You must show a photo ID to receive a packet. Only competitors may pick up their numbers in person with photo ID. You may not pick up a race packet for anyone else.
Schedule of Events
RACE DAY – Sunday, April 11th
6:00 – 7:15 am: Check-in. No numbers issued or race packets saved after 7:15!
6:00 am: Race Start (rain or shine).
9:30 am: Course officially closes. Please exit the Park.
Race Numbers & Electronic Timing
• Check the label affixed to the timing tag (on the front of your bib number) for correct information regarding your name, age, sex and category. Notify officials prior to the race of any mistakes.
• You must wear the run number on your front, and be clearly visible to race officials at ALL times. Folding of race numbers is prohibited.
• If you cross the finish line and your number is not clearly visible on your FRONT, you will receive a 2-minute penalty.
• The 2-sided vinyl (adhesive-backed) bike frame number must be attached to the front of the top tube of your bicycle and for security reasons may not be removed until you leave the parking area.
• You may not use any chip other than the one that is assigned to you. Wearing any other chip could lead to errors in overall timing and your disqualification.
• After you finish the event, you must remove the chip and drop it in the collection bin at the end of the finish line chute.
• If you lose your chip during the race or fail to turn it in after you cross the finish line, you will be charged $100 for the lost chip.
Results will be posted on www.NYTRI.org.
GENERAL RACE RULES
NYTRI has staged over 600 multi-sport events and is proud to claim the best safety record in the country. The following rules and regulations have been designed for your personal safety and enjoyment. Failure to comply with these rules will result in penalties and/or disqualification.
• Competitors must be familiar with the Competitive Rules of USA Triathlon and must conduct themselves accordingly.
• No entrants under 18 years of age.
• It is the contestants responsibility to be familiar with and follow the race course.
• Each contestant is individually responsible for maintenance and repair of their bike.
• Race management has authority to change race course and format, check-in and start times at any time.
In order to protect your bike and equipment, please make sure that only competitors are in the transition area. Family and friends should remain on the Boardwalk.
• Bicycles must be properly placed along your car
• NO riding in the transition area or past the “DISMOUNT” signs.
• Bikes and equipment may only be removed from the transition area by competitors. BOTH the run number and bike number must be shown to security personnel.
• Due to heightened security, all bags/backpacks are subject to be inspected by security personnel upon entering the transition area.
• Transition times will be addressed according to Parks requirements race day.
•No recumbent bikes allowed.
• Riding without a hard-shell helmet will result in immediate disqualification.
• Penalties will be assessed for unsecured helmet chin straps leaving or entering the transition area.
• Helmets must be ANSI, SNELL or USCF approved.
• Cyclists must stay out of recreation/joggers lane at ALL times. A four minute penalty will be assessed if you enter the restricted joggers lane during any part of the course. This is a safety measure and will be strictly enforced. Police will issue tickets to offenders.
Riding in a pack and drafting is a serious violation. A distance of three bike lengths from the bike in front of you must always be maintained. You may not be closer than this distance for any period exceeding 15 seconds. If you are, you will be assessed a two-minute penalty for each infraction.
If another competitor is drafting you, yell at him to stop drafting. If you wish to file an official complaint regarding drafters, you must record their race number. A competitor who has three drafting reports filed by other competitors will automatically receive a two-minute penalty.
Race Violations & Penalties
Each of the following actions will result in a 2-minute penalty:
• Riding in/out of transition area.
• Entering/exiting transition area under, over, or between barriers.
• Race # not visible at ALL times while competing or in the transition area.
• Unsecured helmet chin strap leaving or entering the transition area.
• Drafting or “pack riding” violation.
• Accepting outside assistance or being paced by non-competitor.
Each of the following actions will result in an immediate disqualification:
• Unsportsmanlike conduct/verbal abuse of a volunteer or race official. (determined by race officials)
• Failure to cover complete race course.
• Cycling in jogging/recreation lane (extreme left lane – marked off with double white line).
• Riding without an approved biking helmet.
• Wearing headphones during any portion of the race.