Date: Sunday, November 8, 2020
* Date Subject to Change
Start Time: 7:30 am
$60 – before August 3rd
$70 – between August 4th – October 4th
$80 – between October 5th – November 5th *On-line entry ends November 5th at 5:00 pm.
$100 – Race Day* (Cash Only. No T-shirts to race day entries)
*Online entry ends Thursday, November 5th at 5:00 pm. After on-line entry closes, you may register IN PERSON at Breeze Hill in Prospect on Sunday, November 8th from 6:15 – 7:15 am.
• Absolutely no parts of entry fees will be refunded, transferred or credited.
• It is prohibited to sell your race number or for someone to compete in your place.
• Limited to first 300 competitors.
RUN 2.1 mi
The run starts and ends at the transition area located on East Drive opposite Lincoln Road Playground (Breeze Hill). Leave transition area and run on East Drive (counterclockwise direction) and make first left (marked with large orange cone and arrow) on to Center Drive. Run across Center Drive to West Drive. Make left on West Drive and complete counterclockwise loop arriving back at transition area.
BIKE 10 mi
The 10 mile bike course is composed of three (3) complete loops of Prospect Park on East and West Drives.
Competitors must ride in the designated biking lanes at all times and are prohibited from entering the jogging/recreation lane, designated by a solid-double white line, at all times.
RUN 2.1 mi
The run starts and ends at the transition area located on East Drive opposite Lincoln Road Playground (Breeze Hill). Leave transition area and run on East Drive (counterclockwise direction) and make first left (marked with large orange cone and arrow) on to Center Drive. Run across Center Drive to West Drive. Make left on West Drive and complete counterclockwise loop and head to the finish line.
Breeze Hill in Prospect Park, Brooklyn, NY 11225
(@ East Drive, opposite Lincoln Road Playground)
SUBWAY: Take Q, S or B trains to Prospect Park Station. The closest entrance to the transition area is at the intersection of Lincoln Road and Ocean Ave.
From Long Island: Take I-495W to Northern State Pkwy to Interboro Pkwy w/ Jackie Robinson Pkwy in Brooklyn, NY. Take Eastern Pkwy to Ocean Ave.
From Yonkers: Take the Saw Mill Pkwy S to I-87 S and I-287 W to Williamsburg St W in Brooklyn. Take exit 31 from 1-278 W to Vanderbilt Ave and Flatbush Ave to Ocean Ave.
PARKING: Parking is on the streets surrounding Prospect Park. Park in the vicinity of Empire Boulevard and Flatbush Avenue and walk in to the transition area using the Willink Entrance near the Prospect Park Carousel.
Approximately 3 days before the event you will receive an email notifying you of your race bib number. If you arrive at check-in and do not know your number in advance, you may look it up on the alphabetical list posted near the registration tables. Please do not get in line for check-in if you do not know your race number and have photo ID.
Packet Pick-Up and Late Registration
Packets will be available on Sunday, November 8th from 6:00 – 7:15am at Prospect Park. You must show photo ID to receive a packet. Only competitors may pick up their numbers in person with photo ID.
You may not pick up a race packet for anyone else. New entries will be accepted! (Cash Only. No T-Shirt)
• Know your race/bib number and have your ID ready!
• Before getting on line to receive your race packet, place your bike on the bike rack that corresponds to your bib/race number.
• Proceed to the check-in line that corresponds to your race number. Please do not bring your bike to the check in line.
Schedule of Events
RACE DAY- Sunday, November 8th
6:00 – 7:15 am: Check-in. No numbers issued or race packets saved after 7:15!
7:20 am: Course orientation, final race instructions
7:30 am: Race Start (snow, rain or shine).
10:15 am: Course officially closes. Refreshments and awards presentation begins.
Race Numbers & Electronic Timing
• Check the label affixed to the timing tag (on the front of your bib number) for correct information regarding your name, age, sex and category. Notify officials prior to the race of any mistakes.
• You must wear the run number on your front, and be clearly visible to race officials at ALL times. Folding of race numbers is prohibited.
• If you enter the transition area or cross the finish line and your number is not clearly visible on your FRONT, you will receive a 2-minute penalty.
• The 2-sided vinyl (adhesive-backed) bike frame number must be attached to the front of the top tube of your bicycle and for security reasons and may not be removed until you leave the leave the transition area.
• You may not use any chip other than the one that is assigned to you. Wearing any other chip could lead to errors in overall timing and your disqualification.
• After you finish the event, you must remove the chip and drop it in the collection bin at the end of the finish line chute.
• If you lose your chip during the race or fail to turn it in after you cross the finish line, you will be charged $100 for the lost chip.
Results will be posted on www.NYTRI.org.
Refreshments are for competitors only. Please wear your race number when entering the buffet line.
• Awards will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall and in 5-year groups; 18-80+ (men), 18-70+ (women).
• Winners must be present at the post-race awards ceremony to receive their prize. No exceptions.
GENERAL RACE RULES
NYTRI has staged over 600 multi-sport events and is proud to claim the best safety record in the country. The following rules and regulations have been designed for your personal safety and enjoyment. Failure to comply with these rules will result in penalties and/or disqualification.
• Competitors must be familiar with the Competitive Rules of USA Triathlon and must conduct themselves accordingly.
• No entrants under 18 years of age.
• It is the contestants responsibility to be familiar with and follow the race course.
• Each contestant is individually responsible for maintenance and repair of their bike.
• Race management has authority to change race course and format, check-in and start times at any time.
In order to protect your bike and equipment, please make sure that only competitors are in the transition area. Family and friends should remain outside of the barriers at all times.
• Bicycles must be properly placed on assigned racks corresponding to race number.
• NO riding in the transition area or past the “DISMOUNT” signs.
• Bikes and equipment may only be removed from the transition area by competitors. BOTH the run number and bike number must be shown to security personnel.
•No recumbent bikes allowed.
• Riding without a hard-shell helmet will result in immediate disqualification.
• Penalties will be assessed for unsecured helmet chin straps leaving or entering the transition area.
• Helmets must be ANSI, SNELL or USCF approved.
• Cyclists must stay out of recreation/joggers lane at ALL times. A four minute penalty will be assessed if you enter the restricted joggers lane during any part of the course. This is a safety measure and will be strictly enforced. Police will issue tickets to offenders.
Riding in a pack and drafting is a serious violation. A distance of three bike lengths from the bike in front of you must always be maintained. You may not be closer than this distance for any period exceeding 15 seconds. If you are, you will be assessed a 2-minute penalty for each infraction.
If another competitor is drafting you, yell at him to stop drafting. If you wish to file an official complaint regarding drafters, you must record their race number. A competitor who has three drafting reports filed by other competitors will automatically receive a 2-minute penalty.
Prospect Park Alert
The course is only closed to cars (except for official vehicles) but NOT to pedestrians, joggers, cyclists, skaters, etc. While biking, competitors must be aware and considerate of non-competitors who will also be sharing the Park roads with competitors. You do not have right of way or priority over other users of the Park because you are competing in this event.
• Contestants must follow instructions of race officials and public authorities and must obey all traffic laws.
• Contestants must ride in designated lanes at all times.
Race Violations & Penalties
Each of the following actions will result in a 2-minute penalty:
• Riding in/out of transition area.
• Entering/exiting transition area under, over, or between barriers.
• Bicycle not on assigned bike rack or racked incorrectly.
• Race # not visible at ALL times while competing or in the transition area.
• Unsecured helmet chin strap leaving or entering the transition area.
• Drafting or “pack riding” violation.
• Accepting outside assistance or being paced by non-competitor.
Each of the following actions will result in an immediate disqualification:
• Unsportsmanlike conduct/verbal abuse of a volunteer or race official. (determined by race officials)
• Failure to cover complete race course.
• Cycling in jogging/recreation lane (extreme left lane – marked off with double white line).
• Riding without an approved biking helmet.
• Wearing headphones during any portion of the race.