Date: Sunday, July 25, 2021
Note: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, race schedule is subject to change.
Race Location: Rockaway Beach, NY
Start Time: 7:00am
$110 – before March 31st
$120 – between April 1st and May 31st
$140 – between June 1st and July 22nd
On-line entry ends, July 22nd at 5:00 pm.
THERE WILL BE ‘NO’ RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
• There will be no refunds if government closings occur.
• Absolutely no parts of entry fees will be refunded, transferred or credited.
• It is prohibited to sell your race number or for someone to compete in your place.
• Race insurance is available.
• Limited to first 300 competitors. Sign up early! This race fills up each year!
• Transition time WILL count.
SWIM 1/4 mi
The 1/4 mile swim will be parallel with the shore line. The tide and current will determine the start. Life guards will be stationed along the route. The exit to the transition area will be at B32nd Street.
BIKE 12 mi
Walk your bike (No Riding) and helmet strapped to the end of the transition TOP OF BOARDWALK as marked. The bike course (12 mi.) consists of (3) 4 mile loops on the boardwalk in clockwise direction. First Loop B32nd , head East to B20th Street, turn back West to B62nd Street, then turn back to B32th Street. Repeat for 2nd & 3rd Loops.
Bikers must stay in the BIKE LANES at ALL TIMES and may not enter the runners lane under ANY circumstances! You will be DISQUALIFIED!
RUN 3 mi
Exit at the end of the transition TOP OF BOARDWALK as marked. The Run course (3 miles) consists of (2) 1.5 mile loop on the boardwalk in a counter-clockwise direction. First Loop B32nd, head West to B48th Street, turn back East to B32nd Street. Repeat for 2nd Loop & Finish.
Runners must stay in the RUN LANE at ALL TIMES and may not enter the Pedestrian lane under ANY circumstances! You will be DISQUALIFIED!
Rockaway Beach, Rockaway, NY 10306
(@ B32nd Street) View Google Map
Directions to B32nd
Take Southern State Pkwy West , Exit 19 South Peninsula Blvd Turn Left on NY-878/Nassau Expy Turn Right to Seagirt Blvd Exit Turn left onto B 32nd St.
Queens: South to Cross Bay Blvd to Edgemere Ave.
Use the left lane to continue on Cross Bay Veterans Memorial Bridge Use the left lane to take the exit toward Far Rockaway Turn left onto Rockaway Beach Blvd Slight right onto Seagirt Blvd Turn right onto B 32nd St.
Head to the Verrazzano Bridge Belt Pkwy/Shore Pkwy to Flatbush Ave/Marine Pkwy in Brooklyn. Exit from Belt Pkwy/Shore Pkwy. Continue on Flatbush Ave. Take Marine Pkwy Bridge, Beach Channel Dr, Rockaway Beach Blvd and Edgemere Ave to B 32nd St.
Approximately 2 days before the event you will receive an email notifying you of your race bib number. If you arrive at check-in and do not know your number in advance, you may look it up on the alphabetical list posted near the registration tables. Please do not get in line for check-in if you do not know your race number and have photo ID.
Packet Pick-Up and Late Registration
Only competitors may pick up their numbers in person with photo ID. You may not pick up a race packet for anyone else.
Packets will be available on Sunday, July 25th from 6:00 – 6:45 am.
• Know your race/bib number and have your ID ready!
• Before getting online to receive your race packet, place your bike on the bike rack that corresponds to your bib/race number.
• Proceed to the check-in line that corresponds to your race number. Please do not bring your bike to the check-in line.
• View Race Maps here
Schedule of Events
RACE DAY- Sunday, July 25th.
6:00 – 6:45 am: Check-in. No numbers issued or race packets saved after 6:45!
6:45 am: Course orientation, final race instructions
7:00 am: Race Start (rain or shine).
10:15 am: Course officially closes.
Race Numbers & Electronic Timing
• Check the label affixed to the timing tag (on the front of your bib number) for correct information regarding your name, age, sex and category. Notify officials prior to the race of any mistakes.
• You must wear the run number on your front, and be clearly visible to race officials at ALL times. Folding of race numbers is prohibited.
• If you enter the transition area or cross the finish line and your number is not clearly visible on your FRONT, you will receive a 2-minute penalty.
• The 2-sided vinyl (adhesive-backed) bike frame number must be attached to the front of the top tube of your bicycle and for security reasons and may not be removed until you leave the leave the transition area.
• You may not use any chip other than the one that is assigned to you. Wearing any other chip could lead to errors in overall timing and your disqualification.
• After you finish the event, you must remove the chip and drop it in the collection bin at the end of the finish line chute.
• If you lose your chip during the race or fail to turn it in after you cross the finish line, you will be charged $100 for the lost chip.
POST RACE DAY
Results will be posted on www.NYTRI.org.
• Awards will be mailed to the winners.
GENERAL RACE RULES
NYTRI has staged over 600 multi-sport events and is proud to claim the best safety record in the country. The following rules and regulations have been designed for your personal safety and enjoyment. Failure to comply with these rules will result in penalties and/or disqualification.
• Competitors must be familiar with the Competitive Rules of USA Triathlon and must conduct themselves accordingly.
• No entrants under 18 years of age.
• It is the contestants responsibility to be familiar with and follow the race course.
• Each contestant is individually responsible for maintenance and repair of their bike.
• Race management has authority to change race course and format, check-in and start times at any time.
In order to protect your bike and equipment, please make sure that only competitors are in the transition area. Family and friends should remain on the Boardwalk.
• View Transition Map here
• NO riding in the transition area or past the “DISMOUNT” signs.
• Bikes and equipment may only be removed from the transition area by competitors. BOTH the run number and bike number must be shown to security personnel.
• Due to heightened security, all bags/backpacks are subject to be inspected by security personnel upon entering the transition area.
• Transition time WILL count.
• Wetsuits are optional.
• Final swim instructions will be given during the pre-race briefing – please pay attention.
•No recumbent bikes allowed.
• Riding without a hard-shell helmet will result in immediate disqualification.
• Penalties will be assessed for unsecured helmet chin straps leaving or entering the transition area.
• Helmets must be ANSI, SNELL or USCF approved.
• Cyclists must stay out of recreation/joggers lane at ALL times. A four minute penalty will be assessed if you enter the restricted joggers lane during any part of the course. This is a safety measure and will be strictly enforced. Police will issue tickets to offenders.
Riding in a pack and drafting is a serious violation. A distance of three bike lengths from the bike in front of you must always be maintained. You may not be closer than this distance for any period exceeding 15 seconds. If you are, you will be assessed a two-minute penalty for each infraction.
If another competitor is drafting you, yell at him to stop drafting. If you wish to file an official complaint regarding drafters, you must record their race number. A competitor who has three drafting reports filed by other competitors will automatically receive a two-minute penalty.
Race Violations & Penalties
Each of the following actions will result in a 2-minute penalty:
• Riding in/out of transition area.
• Entering/exiting transition area under, over, or between barriers.
• Race # not visible at ALL times while competing or in the transition area.
• Unsecured helmet chin strap leaving or entering the transition area.
• Drafting or “pack riding” violation.
• Accepting outside assistance or being paced by non-competitor.
Each of the following actions will result in an immediate disqualification:
• Unsportsmanlike conduct/verbal abuse of a volunteer or race official. (determined by race officials)
• Failure to cover complete race course.
• Cycling in jogging/recreation lane (extreme left lane – marked off with double white line).
• Riding without an approved biking helmet.
• Wearing headphones during any portion of the race.